Action Moving Services, Inc.
High-Tech Moving Tips
Action Moving offers comprehensive moving services and we have put together the following tips to assist you as you relocate. The more information that is available to you, the better the outcome of your move will be.
- Each item that will be moved must also be labeled.
- Put a label on every piece of furniture and make sure they are color coded.
- If you need to take an item apart to move it then make sure to label each part.
- Telephones, wiring, and any other equipment that is connected to workstations have to be disconnected prior to the move.
Any personal computers, keyboards, CRTs, printers, disc drives, typewriters or fax machines need to be cared for delicately. Make sure to:
- Disconnect the plugs on each piece of equipment from their power source as well as from nearby equipment.
- Put every cable, cord, cover, etc. into a box with the extra desk contents.
- Service your equipment prior to the move if needed.
Packing Boxes and Cartons
- Put a label on the end of the box instead of on the top, bottom, or on the sides.
- Do not over stuff your pack boxes as they are stacked during the moving process. Cartons that become “domed” are difficult to move.
Credenzas and desks:
- If you decide to do some of the packing, then it is important to seal everything with tape or make sure it is tightly secured.
- Label the top surface of the desk.
- Relocate smaller items upstairs to the main floor prior to the move.
- Move items that are in the back yard to the front of the house.
Prep the house before moving:
- Secure the gates and screen doors and if you need to you can even remove the doors.
- A very helpful hint is to keep in mind prior issues you had when you first moved in so you can inform the movers.
For additional tips, get in touch with Action Moving and experience the best move with a professional and friendly team!