Office Moving Tips
Action Moving Services is here to assist you through the entirety of your move. The following office tips will assist you during your move and will help everything to go much more smoothly.
Reserve Elevators When Possible
Arrange Parking Spaces
- Reserve elevators ahead of time with building managers.
- Ask about available padding and see if they will pad the interior of the elevator for you (if not, we will do it).
Measure and Plan:
- The van will need a parking space and this should be arranged ahead of time at the destination and pick up location.
Make sure to measure and plan where your furniture will be located in the new office.
Divide wanted items from unwanted items:
Prior to the movers and packers arriving, you should have the things that you do not need set aside so they are not packed in error.
Take apart all appliances:
- Drain all the hoses.
- Turn off water and gas.
- Disconnect the ice maker and the fridge.
Disconnect All Wiring
- Take apart all office equipment and disconnect them from their power source as well as from nearby equipment.
- Put all of the cables, covers, cords, and more into a moving box with the additional desk contents.
- Make certain that every item of equipment has already been serviced prior to the move.
Prior to the move, you will need to disconnect every wire that is connected to the desks such as telephone wires, etc.
Desks And Credenzas
- Label the top surface of the desk
- If you decide to do some of the packing, each carton MUST be SEALED or tied shut.
For additional tips, get in touch with Action Moving and experience the best move with a professional and friendly team!
- Put a label on either END of the box, NOT on the top, the bottom, or the sides.
- It is best not to over pack boxes. Packages are stacked during the move. “Domed” cartons are not easy to relocate.
- Our auto-bottom cartons don’t require packing tape.